Accounting Manager: Responsible for assisting the CFO/Controller in directing the day to day accounting functions of Condotte America and related companies including establishing and maintaining accounting principles, practices, procedures, and initiatives. Medley, FL
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Analyze and reconcile various General Ledger accounts; direct correcting entries as needed
- Assist CFO/Controller with preparing, reviewing and submitting month-end/year-end work papers and monthly package
- Assist CFO/Controller with supporting schedules and reports to meet month-end/year-end close deadlines
- Interpret SOX guidelines to ensure accurate controls and segregation of duties are in place to meet compliance
- Assist CFO with corporate requests as needed
- Review necessary reports to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations
- Review weekly payroll
- Review quarterly payroll tax returns for accuracy
- Review year end information to ensure accurate W-2 information
- Assist CFO and/or Controller by analyzing the accuracy of various burdens and fringes
- Assist CFO or Controller with Workers Comp Audit, General Insurance Audit, and various other projects
- Prepare monthly Financial Statements for the CFO/Controller.
- Manage Job Cost reporting system from data received from Operations/job sites, including initial job cost setup, monthly job cost reporting, and labor cost reporting.
- Manage and maintain fixed assets, including CapEx, Disposals, and depreciation expense.
- Manage the equipment/transport cost distribution system, including internal equipment rate structure.
- Prepare monthly Rolling Forecast Files for the CFO/Controller.
- Maintain, review, and submit PCAFs (Prospective Client Acceptance Forms) to corporate.
- Monitor Accounts Receivable collection
- Monitor bank accounts for ACH/Direct Deposit returns
- Review, approve and submit ACH files and stop payments
- Assist HR, PM’s or Administration with various questions and report requests related to financial and operational info
- Review, approve and submit monthly Workers Comp and General Insurance to corporate
- Obtain and organize information for internal and external audits.
- Evaluate and recommend solutions for a more efficient and streamlined process in all accounting areas
- Attend annual training for continuing education and resolve software/accounting issues that arise
- Various other accounting duties as assigned by management
- Coordinate, direct, train and mentor Senior Accountants, Staff Accountants, AP Specialists, Payroll Specialists, and other accounting staff in completing daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual accounting tasks as well as special financial or operational projects.
- Evaluate and review the work assigned to Staff Accountants, AP Specialists, Payroll Specialists, and other accounting staff.
- Assist in the employee evaluation process, counsels employees, and effectively recommends initial discipline and other personnel decisions for Staff Accountants, AP Specialists, Payroll Specialists, and other accounting staff.
- Directly supervise four employees in the Finance & Accounting department, with opportunities for more with company growth.
- Execute supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws
Training and Development:
- Interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university
- Five to seven years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Take reasonable care of your own and others’ health and safety and of those who may be affected in the day-to-day delivery of this role by taking personal responsibility for working to the Wanzek’s Zero Injury principles
- Strong computer skills, specifically Sage and/or Viewpoint, and Microsoft Excel.
- Extensive knowledge in all aspects of construction accounting
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off