Corporate Safety Manager - Miami, FL
Full Job Description
The Corporate Safety Manager (CSM)is responsible for directing and providing health and safety program oversight to Condotte at a company level and on all active projects. The position oversees the development and implementation of behavior-based safety practices, audits functions for health and safety procedure implementation, ensures compliance with corporate, OSHA, and client safety requirements, and conducts a root-cause analysis of health and safety incidents. The Corporate Safety Manager monitors and documents the effectiveness of safety control measures used throughout the company and directs Condotte personnel in the implementation of the Corporate Environmental, Health & Safety (EH&S) Manual. The position will manage the development of site-specific health and safety plans for all active construction projects.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Work closely with the Director of Construction Operations (DCO), Human Resource Director, and Corporate Senior Management to cultivate the Condotte Safety Culture.
· Provide health and safety leadership and direction to Department Managers, Project Managers, Project Field Engineers, and Superintendents.
· Serve as the corporate health and safety subject matter expert with clients, regulators, and Condotte personnel working on projects or designing proposal responses.
· Manage health and safety resources and related budget.
· Manage corporate health and safety staff and when necessary, plan, request, and assist in the hiring of new personnel.
· Work within the corporate framework to foster the career growth of direct reports.
· Serve as the primary contact on health and safety issues.
· Responsible for establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with Condotte Clients, Project Safety Officers, local representatives, and subcontractors.
· Create, manage, and review site-specific EH&S Manuals.
· Appraise and implement new safety regulations as they relate to Condotte operations.
· Ensure that project personnel is adequately trained in emergency response plan procedures.
· Work as the internal incident manager, ensuring that safety emergencies and injuries are properly managed.
· Oversee, manage, and ensure EH&S orientation for all new Condotte and client personnel as applicable.
· Assist in the preparation of new proposals as solicitations relate to corporate health and safety objectives.
· Reviews all contract documents related to ongoing or proposed work for safety-related issues.
· Review subcontractor safety programs; ensure that subcontractor programs are compliant with corporate, OSHA, and client regulations.
· Participate in meetings with field personnel, such as pre-award and pre-construction conferences.
· Conduct safety audits - audits will include a brief summary report noting any deviations from the Site Specific EH&S Manual and corrective actions that may be necessary to promote the health and safety of workers and the public.
· Organizes and conducts safety training as necessary.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Minimum 10 years safety related experience in commercial and industrial construction.
Degree in safety, industrial hygiene or related field is preferred.
Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) designation is preferred.
The CSM is required to be competent in the following:
· Industrial and Construction Health and Safety Knowledge,specifically in the Heavy/Highway, Road and Bridge construction industry.
· Thorough knowledge of OSHA requirements
Thorough knowledge of DOT requirements
· Strong organizational skills
· Excellent grammar and writing skills
· Strong supervision skills, particularly supervising off-site personnel
· Proven ability to lead others
· Communication and interpersonal skills to effectively manage and motivate employees and communicate objectives and action plans.
· Ability to research pertinent facts, data and other information from internal and external sources
· Proficient use of computer and corresponding programs – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
· Ability to implement behavioral-based safety techniques to improve/maintain safety performance
· Ability to establish positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
· OSHA 500 Certification
· 40-hour HAZWOPER certificate and current annual 8-hour HAZWOPER refresher
· CPR/First Aid certification or willingness to obtain
· ATSSA Worksite Traffic Control certification or willingness to obtain
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: One location - Travel to Jobsites required